Me > You
Posts : 869
Location : Canada
|Subject: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" Wed May 22 2013, 17:32|| |
Note: Account registration for the forum is disabled indefinitely.
There's a LOT of general expectations not listed here; examples include (but are NOT limited to): respecting officers/guild members, not ninjaing (in pugs, guild bank, etc), having a good attitude, not being selfish, being active, etc. Stuff like that is common knowledge. Below lists rules that ALL members should especially take note of (in no particular order of importance).
A shortened URL link is also located in the guild information section in-game for easy access to this page: http://goo.gl/Epxz7.
Guild rules are subjected to change regularly. It is your responsibility to check this thread regularly
for updates. Failure to follow guild rules will likely result in (at the very least) a demote. Depending on the severity, you can and will also be kicked from the raid and/or the guild.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ONE VERY IMPORTANT RULE (so important that it gets its own section):
With the release of Blackwing Descent (BWD) and Bastion of Twilight (BoT), Use with Caution will begin scheduling (at MOST), THREE guild raids per week. For now, this will ONLY apply to 25-player raids. The dates and times (in GMT+0 time zone) will be picked by the officers, and announced in the GMoTD. Scheduled guild raids will be officer lead
members are expected to join and commit at LEAST TWO hours
of raiding time (starting from the time the first trash mob is pulled in the instance) to each scheduled 25-player guild raid. ALL
members are free to leave the raid (without reason/penalties) after two hours have passed. If a raid cannot be completed/continued after two hours, it will be saved and continued at another time decided by the officers.
You are only allowed to leave a 25-player guild raid prematurely (IE. before 2 hours are up) if you have a emergency real life commitment
to attend to. (IE. you require to go to the hospital). NO OTHER EXCUSES will be accepted. As guild raids will be scheduled, you should plan your lunch/dinner/shower/other real life commitments around it. If you know you cannot
commit at least 2 hours to a raid, DO NOT JOIN IT; let an officer know and go offline ASAP. If you are found online on an alt avoiding the guild raid, you will be kicked from the guild.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------General Guild Rules
Public Character Note
- We are a social guild, with a focus on PvE content. Therefore, you are expected to join guild raids when asked. PvP is encouraged during off-peak hours and when there are no scheduled guild raids, but PvE will always be our priority.
- While we cannot stop you from joining pug raids, we strongly encourage all guild members to save their raid lockouts for guild runs. There is nothing wrong with an occasional pug raid; however, do not make it a habit to join pug raids. Instead, wait until the next scheduled guild run.
- You are not allowed to change your main/off spec "just because I want to roll XXX spec this raid". If you have a legitimate reason for changing your specs, contact an officer.
- Contribute. If you want to gain from the guild, then you need to give as well. This applies to the guild bank as well! Do not expect everything to be handed to you.
- Have fun. If you learn to have fun with us, then the rest will come easily. This is important. If you are not having fun, something is wrong and needs to be worked on.
- While speaking in guild chat, speak English. Mutes will be handed out to those speaking in languages other than English.
- Follow the Magic-WoW rules. Do not break rules that would get you banned or present a bad image of yourself or the guild.
- The guild is not a LFG channel. Ask other guild members in a nice and respectful manner if you need more people for a raid/event/etc.
- Level your professions. This is a x12 rate server; if you cannot put the time in to level 2 professions to 525, then you should not be in this guild.
- Recruits that are inactive for 1+ month(s) will be automatically kicked from the guild.
- Your public character note should state: your main talent specialization ("main spec"; IE. Retribution/Ret), and secondary talent specialization ("off spec"; IE. Protection/Prot). It should also state if your specs are PvE or PvP. An example is provided below (notice: order matters!):
Ret (PvE)/Prot (PvP)
- The above point applies to Alts as well.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your note is correct. Loot will be handed out according to the specs listed in your public note. Contact an officer to have your note changed.
- You are not required to have an off spec. However, you are strongly encouraged to get one and learn how to play at least two of the three talent specializations of your class.
- Both of your specs do not have to be PvE. Hell, you can even have 2 PvP specs. However, if you PvP exclusively, then you are likely not a good fit for our guild, and will not be around for very long.
- The officers work extremely hard to keep the guild bank tidy and stocked. Please respect that.
- The guild bank is not a garbage bin. Likewise, the guild bank is also use by 300+ characters. Don't be greedy, and don't fill it with trash.
- If you withdraw a large stack of items (IE. 200 volatile life), take only what you need, and be sure to deposit back the mats you do not use. Mail the mats to an officer if you are unable to deposit back into the tab.
- The guild bank is always accepting useful mats/gear. Be sure to deposit items in the correct tab.
- Contact an officer if you need to withdraw/deposit materials from/to a restricted tab in the guild bank.
- Also contact an officer if you require more items from the guild bank, but have reached your withdrawal limit (provide justification for why you need extra items).
- I cannot believe I have to add this, but if you are caught selling guild bank items on the AH, you will be kicked from the guild.
- Listen to your raid leader, regardless of their rank in the guild. You can and will be kicked from the raid and/or guild, without loot, if you do not listen.
- Do. NOT. Complain. About. Loot. If you did not win something, get over it. Whether it was because someone rolled higher, or the leader decided to give it to someone else who deserved it more, or it was a mistake, get over it. It is just a pixel item. Do not let it wreck your day. Drama regarding loot-related problems will result in an instant guild kick. No. Exceptions.
- Bribery (IE. "I'll give you 10k gold if you pass XXX trinket to YYY player") is not tolerated. You will be kicked from the raid (at the very least).
- Carry food buffs/elixirs/scrolls. It is recommended you level cooking and make your own food, instead of relying on the guild bank/other members.
- CARRY REAGENTS for combat abilities (IE. Ankh, Maple Seed, Soul Shards). The last thing the raid leader needs to hear is "I DON'T HAVE MATS TO COMBAT RESS."
- All guild raids will have looting done via Master Loot. Type /roll into chat when appropriate.
- You may only roll on 1 character for items per raid. The only exception to this is if the raid leader asks you specifically to swap to another character that can provide a role/buff/asset that the raid currently needs.
- Your "main spec" is the spec listed FIRST in your public note in-game; similarly, your "off spec" is the spec listed SECOND in your public note in-game. You will roll NEED on your main-spec, and GREED on your off spec. If you do not have an off-spec, do not roll greed.
- For now: Main and Alt characters have the same rolling priority. Lockouts on Magic-WoW are short, bosses are fairly easy and we do a lot of raids. Everyone will be geared sooner or later.
- EXCEPTION: on items that are harder to get (IE. trinkets), main characters have priority. HOWEVER, this might not always be the case. If someone has outstanding raid performance/regularly joins guild raids/contributes a lot to the guild (even if they are an Alt character), then they will be rewarded. Trust your officers and raid leader to make the best decision in these situations.
- Officers may decide that someone has gotten enough loot and will pass an item to someone that has not received as much/any loot. This will be done as fairly as possible. Note that officers are human as well; they do make mistakes, and may miss certain things that happen.
Any alternate characters (aka "alts") that join the guild MUST be useful characters (IE. no alts that you only play once every other month). Alts that suck will be kicked from the guild. Additionally:
- You MUST be somewhat geared. Grab PvP gear, 5 man blues, world boss epics, anything to show us that you are not just expecting to be carried in raids.
- You MUST know how to play your class. Make sure you have accurate gems, glyphs, talents, and DPS/tanking/healing rotations.
- Any Tank or Healer alts that join the guild will be closely monitored by officers. Reason being: these two roles are extremely important in raids.
- If you are a Tank, you MUST know boss scripts inside out. NO. EXCEPTIONS.
- Your alt MUST be able to contribute to the guild positively, whether it's through the guild bank, guild raids, or professions (IE. Gems, glyphs, etc.)
- Alts are not in the guild to soak gear from raids. Alts are expected to help fill roles in the guild that may be lacking.
Last edited by Evo9 on Thu May 30 2013, 02:26; edited 14 times in total
Posts : 159
Age : 29
|Subject: Re: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" Wed May 22 2013, 17:37|| |
wow are u guys intending to have a "serious" guild on magic? O.o
Me > You
Posts : 869
Location : Canada
|Subject: Re: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" Wed May 22 2013, 17:51|| |
- blackwidow wrote:
- wow are u guys intending to have a "serious" guild on magic? O.o
No, I just had to put this up because sooner or later someone will complain about something. This is more for "well it's written down, so stop QQ'ing about it".
Posts : 1
|Subject: Re: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" Wed May 22 2013, 18:17|| |
my Englishbad don't know what to say
but i love you all
Posts : 169
|Subject: Re: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" Wed May 22 2013, 21:00|| |
Don't worry, you still have a lot of time to learn the rules cause BWD is still kinda far away, let alone BoT.
Posts : 1
|Subject: Re: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" Thu May 23 2013, 02:29|| |
Posts : 232
Age : 32
Location : Karachi, Pakistan
|Subject: Re: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" Thu May 23 2013, 02:38|| |
FU evo u gave me a boner i thot all of u are back and active and such -_-
hagara the stormbinder released on freakz
btw ill keep coming around cuz i miss u guys but usually u ppl seem to be online when im grinding dragon soul runs with my guild
Posts : 169
|Subject: Re: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" Thu May 23 2013, 03:20|| |
- big_sids wrote:
- FU evo u gave me a boner
That sounds so wrong in so many ways...
- big_sids wrote:
- hagara the stormbinder released on freakz
I got realm first 10 normal (I know, who the fuck cares about normal) with a random guild that insisted on having me on their raid for who knows what reason, she's pretty easy until you try heroic >_<
Posts : 158
|Subject: Re: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" Thu May 23 2013, 08:28|| |
I shouldn't be that long links...
Posts : 232
Age : 32
Location : Karachi, Pakistan
|Subject: Re: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" Thu May 23 2013, 10:25|| |
links u on the gay international realm ?
and yea heroic is like u gota wipe atleast 2 hours first if u dont have gear donated like every 5th romanian playing on the server
Posts : 80
Age : 31
Location : Adein's Ass
|Subject: Re: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" Fri May 24 2013, 10:37|| |
|Subject: Re: GUILD RULES for "Use with Caution" || |