Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Magic-wow's last day!

Go down 
+14
Pete
supranoo
Rochielm
Hrotgar
big_sids
Kelio
Terrorista
iCeYs
blackwidow
Evo9
Links
Puszupek
Qwaria
Sinhunter
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sinhunter
Mother of Russia
Sinhunter

Magic-wow's last day! Empty
PostSubject: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13 2013, 10:56

So it's finally here. The last day of the server's life
So many memories here! Got some of the old crew back to logon one last time and take some Screenies.
Upload more if you have anything!
Magic-wow's last day! Wowscr11

Magic-wow's last day! 3r7y
Magic-wow's last day! A96u

I have a ton of old screens from the Naxx and Ulduar days. Feel free to upload anything here!
Back to top Go down
Qwaria

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13 2013, 11:00

Magic-wow's last day! Cvbf
Magic-wow's last day! Henv

Last edited by Qwaria on Sun Oct 13 2013, 11:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sinhunter
Mother of Russia
Sinhunter

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13 2013, 11:03

Here's a couple more! Anyone remember XT ULTRA HARD mode?
Magic-wow's last day! Wowscrnshot022110131653
Here's one about a week before Carpe Diem was formed!
Magic-wow's last day! Wowscrnshot092509060251
Back to top Go down
Puszupek
Pedo

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13 2013, 11:11

Quote :
Dear community,

It's been over 4 years since Magic-WoW first opened for players all over the world to join and play World of Warcraft for free. We made it through three expansions with two open realms and thousands of players enjoying the game every day.

Now it is time for this journey to end.

Since the last year our playerbase has been getting smaller and smaller, and many of our staff members have gone inactive or quit, including game masters, developers and administrators. There is not enough staff or players to support the existence of Magic-WoW anymore. It is a sad and heartbreaking thing to do, but we believe it's in everyone's best interest.

The servers will remain open until Sunday, Oct. 13 2013 and will be decomissioned in the evening of that day. We will create backups of everything related to Magic WoW servers in case a need to access that data arises.

As a gesture of goodwill towards our donating players, all donations that have not yet been used to pay the upcoming server bill, will be returned to them. We will be processing the returns in order, starting from the ones received latest, until our accounts are empty.

Thank you for being with us this whole time and we're glad we could be your World of Warcraft server!

~Magic WoW Staff
Back to top Go down
Links

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13 2013, 15:21

Good ol' Magic, best time I've ever had in any private server.
Back to top Go down
Evo9
Me > You

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13 2013, 15:21

Sad?  Yeah.  Tragic?  Not even close, they had this coming.

But they just proved that I was wrong sticking around for so damn long.  Remember when people got angry at me for being so realistic about how admins/GMs/etc. were delusional that everything was fine?  Heh.

It's almost like a perfect analogy to the US government right now. It's not that the USA sucks, it's that it's ran by a bunch of clowns. Exactly like Magic-WoW.
Back to top Go down
https://aftermath.forumakers.com
blackwidow

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13 2013, 15:43

Gms knew that everything was not fine but they couldnt do anything about it cause there were.no admins around. Marcelo disappeared long time ago, xanis quit and zwerg busy irl (but he was still most active).
Back to top Go down
iCeYs

iCeYs

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 19:36

For me i couldn't log in to take the last pic for my char Sad but my friend did it to me
when i fix my shitty pc i will post some old pics Smile , overhere i got only few pics of the first carpe diem raid to icc Smile ima post later
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/cgciceys
iCeYs

iCeYs

PostSubject: Old But Gold QQ :(   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 19:43

Smile

Magic-wow's last day! 24825610

Magic-wow's last day! 25505710

Magic-wow's last day! 26028210

Magic-wow's last day! 53728712

Magic-wow's last day! 48460210

Magic-wow's last day! 25388110

Magic-wow's last day! 73315_10

and the last pic when we wiped at Lich king 10 heroic because of server kick (Bull shit portal) :(QQ but its like we killed it , we deserve the title but its magic wow so we cant do anything Smile

Magic-wow's last day! 10634910

Back to top Go down
Terrorista

Terrorista

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 21:12

R.I.P ...
Back to top Go down
Kelio

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 21:29

Why no one posts this.
Back to top Go down
Sinhunter
Mother of Russia
Sinhunter

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 23:54

Lol, almost forgot about thatone Kelio.
I can do you one better.

Yea bitchez.. this was Ulduar testing phase. Don't know howmany people actually remember how bugged Ulduar really was. We were raiding Naxx 25 2-3 times per day, doing saved KT runs and keeping 3 groups of alts to soak up the gear. We were promised a 90% working new instance. We got a pointless 5 month testing phase and at the end, we only ever really had 5-6 working bosses.
This video was with the old CD. Back when Magic was a server full of ex-scape players that were used to raiding without lockouts with random people in a pug!
The combination of people that were a part of that crew was just amazing. Great skilled players that really knew how to have fun. It was a hardcore guild on a shitty server. We deserved a lot more!

Anyway, what's done is done and we all knew this was coming. I laughed when they said they lasted for 4 years and 3 expansions. Magic went online with patch 3.0.9 and TBH died with 3.3.5
Cata was only a waste of time.
But, we had tons of fun and I'm sad to see the old girl go!

I was there at the start. I created my priest only 2 hours after the server first came online.
I was there at the end, couple of hours before the server went down for the last time ever.
Looked at my chars, all the gear I've kept over the years and all the cool gadgets I've managed to aquire because I figured they were rare and fun.
Cya Tragic-wow!
Back to top Go down
Evo9
Me > You

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 03:06

I stayed there for way too long. I was an officer of Ashes of Andruil (they were mainly a scape dominant guild but a few players found their way over to Magic-WoW), raided with Virtus (on occasion), Eclipse, and Nightmare Unending (I was offered an officer position in Eclipse, membership in NMU, and had both Bearcavlry and Astrum harass me to fill an application for Virtus (rebranded from Faith)....floated around sorta guildless for a while until I found Carpe Diem, then somehow went on to have Sin convince me to take officer in CD, and went on to lead Equilibrium, Aftermath, and to some extent Use With Caution.

The funny part is I swore after Ashes of Andruil I would never take officer again...I also said that after Carpe Diem, Equilibrium, and Aftermath. God damn it.

I remember before everyone moved to Magic-WoW...my first memory was logging into Pixelz's account, at the time a level 80 Warlock (he arenaed and donated a lot). He had just donated $150 to Magic and was unable to login, so he asked me to fly his Warlock to Dalaran. It was the only time I remembered Magic-WoW being so empty (there were less than 5 people in Dalaran) that wasn't due to people quitting.

Sometimes I really wished that I'd have quit after Carpe Diem broke up before ToC came out, it would have saved me a lot of headaches.
Back to top Go down
Links

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 03:16

Evo9 wrote:
The funny part is I swore after Ashes of Anduril* I would never take officer again...I also said that after Carpe Diem, Equilibrium, and Aftermath.  God damn it.
Went from not wanting to take officer anymore to all of a sudden starting a whole new guild. Geez. Fun thing is that if you ever decide to come to Freakz that shouldn't be happening again.

Also, even though I admit magic was pretty much average (if not below average on certain stuff), I don't regret all the time I spent there until a few months before it upgraded to cata. All the flaws is what made it interesting and fun (yes, fun).
Back to top Go down
big_sids

big_sids

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 08:28

i wish i found wow freakz earlier, or mayb i started on molten, damn tragic-wow, worst waste of life.

/betray
Back to top Go down
https://web.facebook.com/saad.saleem.1614 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Blindinglite/simple
Hrotgar
Pedo
Hrotgar

Oro : None I usualy ninja Unicomplex

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 09:10

Terrorista wrote:
R.I.P ...
^^ Exactly ^^
I am not gonna miss the server but the main reason i played on the server was you guys.
Can say one thing. There wasn't a better guild and a better community than the one we had on this server.
Sure gonna fucking miss raiding on WOTLK with u guys. Evoo Sinhunter Qwaria Nightheal Adorim Puszupek Links Kelio Unicomlex Pete Iceys Supranoo Notofrugo Philosofi Attribute and the rest of u faggots. Even fucking Veo

Back to top Go down
iCeYs

iCeYs

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 18:15

I Will never forget the best days i had with you guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Evo9
Me > You

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 20:37

Links wrote:
Evo9 wrote:
The funny part is I swore after Ashes of Anduril* I would never take officer again...I also said that after Carpe Diem, Equilibrium, and Aftermath.  God damn it.
Went from not wanting to take officer anymore to all of a sudden starting a whole new guild. Geez. Fun thing is that if you ever decide to come to Freakz that shouldn't be happening again.
I don't know if I want to put in the time commitment into WoW anymore, I've spent way too much time on it... and the reality of private servers is that eventually they will fuck up. If they won't, the community eventually disperses.

I've ran the full circle: leading raids, guilds, doing random admin work here and there.... there isn't much left other than just going back to being another one of the 5/10/25 people in a dungeon/raid.
Back to top Go down
Links

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16 2013, 02:54

Evo9 wrote:

I don't know if I want to put in the time commitment into WoW anymore, I've spent way too much time on it... and the reality of private servers is that eventually they will fuck up.  If they won't, the community eventually disperses.

I've ran the full circle: leading raids, guilds, doing random admin work here and there.... there isn't much left other than just going back to being another one of the 5/10/25 people in a dungeon/raid.
I would've assumed you knew that since the day you decided to play on a private server... anyway, isn't that what you wanted? I mean, not leading anything yourself but just being another one of the 10/25. Also, the advantage of playing on freakz is that you don't really have to commit half as much time as you would back on magic cause you can only raid a limited amount of times per week, you log on weekends if you can and raid to your heart's content then just wait to log back in a week later for the next lockout reset.
Back to top Go down
big_sids

big_sids

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16 2013, 07:27

idk wai this topic, get over magic nubs Razz for me nothing closed down as u guys are here, who cares if another random shit server is going down, we cudnt Re-live the moments even if that crap hole was still open, so get on freakz now and then, kk?
Back to top Go down
https://web.facebook.com/saad.saleem.1614 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Blindinglite/simple
Evo9
Me > You

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16 2013, 22:38

Links wrote:
Evo9 wrote:

I don't know if I want to put in the time commitment into WoW anymore, I've spent way too much time on it... and the reality of private servers is that eventually they will fuck up.  If they won't, the community eventually disperses.

I would've assumed you knew that since the day you decided to play on a private server... anyway, isn't that what you wanted? I mean, not leading anything yourself but just being another one of the 10/25. Also, the advantage of playing on freakz is that you don't really have to commit half as much time as you would back on magic cause you can only raid a limited amount of times per week, you log on weekends if you can and raid to your heart's content then just wait to log back in a week later for the next lockout reset.
Nah I knew, but mwow dying at this point in my life is almost a very very good reason for me to not go back to WoW, since I have no characters to speak of anyways. Freakz will eventually suffer the same fate, it's just a matter of time. That doesn't discredit it from its current status, but to start fresh right now isn't too enticing. Although a part of me wants to come back lol.
Back to top Go down
Sinhunter
Mother of Russia
Sinhunter

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2013, 02:49

50% of why I click on the WoW Icon once in a while is because of the people. The other 50% has to be nostalgia.
Everyone I've met through WoW has either stopped playing long ago, went on to retail or is playing on Freakz. There really aren't many servers to choose from.

I've been extremely busy lately and when I can, I log in for a couple of hours and do whatever people are doing at the time. A few BGs, maybe a 5man, a raid or even just to sit and talk. It's not time consuming, addicting or stressful.

I would recommend slowly leveling on Freakz. You know half the people in the guild, and the ones you don't i'm sure you'll like them when you meet them. We have fun on RaidCall and raid shit ingame. I personally haven't even done DS because the raid times are kinda weird. But it's still great to log on and talk to people once in a while.
Back to top Go down
big_sids

big_sids

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2013, 05:30

i told this nub, make an account, char, name it and spawn it, then hand it over to me
Back to top Go down
Evo9
Me > You

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2013, 13:15

Sinhunter wrote:
50% of why I click on the WoW Icon once in a while is because of the people. The other 50% has to be nostalgia. Everyone I've met through WoW has either stopped playing long ago, went on to retail or is playing on Freakz.
This.
Back to top Go down
Rochielm

Oro : me porfa

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 14:57

You all bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic-wow's last day!   Magic-wow's last day! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic-wow's last day!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next